Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Musings on Music

Finally listened to my "Scott and Todd's Studio Sessions" album from my radio stations morning show, which includes tracks of fifteen live in-studio performances. In general, I'm not a big fan of recorded "live" performances, in all their dull and off-key glory, and such performances often tend to be especially bad at 8:45 am, when any singer in his right mind is still sleeping, not sitting in front of a microphone. But there are three tracks on this album that are so beautifully performed, I think I'd rather listen to them than to the original studio recordings (Five For Fighting's "Superman", Daniel Powter's "Bad Day", and Dave Matthews' "Space Between"). There's something to be said about the quality of a musician who can do such a beautiful job at such an early hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment