Monday, August 11, 2008

The Beauty of the Berkshires

I had actually forgotten the beauty and serenity to be found in the mountains. It must have been longer since my last foray into the country than I had thought. Walking along a mountain road in the midst of a blustery storm is an experience which offers a lightening of the spirit not to be found anywhere else, I think.

Off to Gracie Mansion for the rest of the afternoon. Oddly enough, I've never actually been to that part of Manhattan. Who even knew there was such a street as "East End"?


What I Learned Today: The "K" number listed in the title/description of a piece by Mozart comes from the complete, chronological catalogue of Mozart's works called the "Köchel catalogue" or the "Köchel-Verzeichnis", published in 1862. Apparently, Ludwig von Köchel was the first ever to succeed in creating a coherent, comprehensive catalogue of Mozart's works, which included 626 entries. 626. I know that Mozart was a genius, but 626 pieces? Was he trying to make the rest of us look bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment